Anyone been through this process yet and care to share their experience (off list if you wish)?

I suspect we have been given the privilege due to our recent renewal of our Microsoft VLA (it’s in the new agreements)

We have confirmed with Microsoft that despite the wording it is actually FTE based.

---------------

Dear xxxxxx

I hope you are well.

The purpose of my email today is to notify you that Microsoft would like to engage with you in a collaborative Software Asset Management (SAM) review. The objective of this review is to work with you to confirm that your business is fully compliant with current Microsoft licencing standards and to help you better understand your licencing obligations under your current volume licencing agreement. This is undertaken in an open and collaborative approach with you throughout the duration of the process. If the management of your Microsoft volume licencing agreement is not part of your responsibilities then please can you pass this email on to the relevant person within your organisation.

Please note that this review is required under the terms and conditions of your volume licencing agreement. As such, we ask that you suspend making any purchases of Microsoft licences during the review period to avoid ambiguity, unless your company is currently taking part either the True-Up exercise as part of your Enterprise Agreement, or the Annual Order process as part of your Enterprise Subscription obligations. If any shortfalls are found then we may be able to offset them with licences that you already own.

During this process I will be your dedicated SAM engagement manager. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of this request then please feel free to contact me either through my direct dial at the bottom of this email, or through the Microsoft UK switchboard.

The first stage of the SAM review is to confirm the 'seat count' of your organisation. This is the count of qualified desktops and devices that your company has that fall under any agreements or purchases involving Microsoft software. Upon receipt of this figure and confirmation, I shall progress the engagement with you accordingly. At this time I would also ask that you confirm who your current Microsoft reseller is. Using this information can progress the review in the most appropriate way for your particular business.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email. I am looking forward to hearing from you soon, and working with you to better understand your licencing estate.

Kind Regards,

--

MSFT_logo

Tyrone Howland

SAM Engagement Manager – Public Sector

Software Asset Management & Licence Compliance

UK SMS&P

Office: +44 (118) 9095491

Microsoft Limited

Note: This email may contain confidential information. If you are not named on the addressee list, please take no action in relation to this email, do not open any attachment and please contact the sender (details above) immediately.

Microsoft Limited (company number 01624297) is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading. RG6 1WG

JOHN POLLITT
DIRECTOR OF I.T. SERVICES
NORFOLK EDUCATIONAL SERVICES

Tel +44 (0)1603 773022
http://www.ccn.ac.uk
NES_TEN_logo_s1

Internet communications are insecure, therefore City College Norwich (CCN) does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of CCN.

This email and any files sent with it are intended only for the named recipient and may be confidential. If you are not the named recipient please email the sender immediately then delete this message. You should not disclose the content, distribute or retain any copies of this message.

City College Norwich, Ipswich Rd., Norwich, Norfolk. NR2 2LJ.

Scanned by iCritical.