Hello all,

HERForum members might be interested to have a look at / possibly join the Planning Advisory Service discussion forum on the Knowledge Hub discussion site for local authorities, as a place to ask / answer questions that stray outside specific HER topics into broader planning (e.g. s106).

You can call up the PAS forum here

https://khub.net/group/planningadvisoryservicepas

If you’ve not used the Knowledge Hub site before you will need to register first, then join the group.

A mention there of heritage statements in the context of decision letters made me think it might be of interest. I see from the current membership list for PAS that only 8 members have the word ‘heritage’ in their profile (and two of us are in the same room here in Swindon!), so I thought it might be worth promoting.

As a taster, this is the list of PAS forum discussion areas. In some cases there are several hundred discussion threads, so a lot of useful knowledge and contacts to search:

CIL, s106, viability and growth

This forum is specifically for discussing all aspects of the new Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) and planning obligations (s106 agreements).

Enforcement and appeals

This forum exists for enforcement officers to ask questions and share ideas about how they can deliver an excellent enforcement service.

Neighbourhood Planning

Performance and designation

This is a new forum for the discussion of performance issues. Discussions about designation, NI157 and hints & tips for staying off the naughty step are all welcome.

Plan making

Discuss the challenges you've faced and the successes you've had in plan making and creating your local development framework.

Planning applications

This forum replaces the 'general discussions' forum on our old site. It is provided for general discussion on all matters relating to service improvement. Feel free to ask questions and share your ideas.

Procurement

A forum for discussions about buying planning services. We'll also try to help people wanting to use the PAS supplier framework, but more general Q&A is very welcome. The opinion and view of suppliers is great, but blatant advertising and using the forum to spam people is not.

There is also a Historic Enviroment group on Knowledge Hub at

https://khub.net/group/historicenvironment though limited resources at HE mean it is not active at the moment – currently mainly a place for announcements (thanks Robin!).

All good wishes,

Ed

Edmund Lee

Knowledge Transfer Manager

Research Group

Direct dial: 01793 414719  Mobile: 07919 572867

We are the public body that looks after England's historic environment. We champion historic places, helping people to understand, value and care for them, now and for the future.
Sign up to our enewsletter to keep up to date with our latest news, advice and listings.

HistoricEngland.org.uk           Twitter: @HistoricEngland

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.