Hi GEM,

See below for the details on the Kids in Museums Winter Workshop programme. You
can book online for them here: www.kidsinmuseums.org.uk/workshops

Family Fortunes – Early Bird only £105!

Tuesday 1st December at the Foundling Museum, London

Does your family programme need a refresh? How can you make sure everyone in the
family is included? Come along and find out about different ways to do
backpacks, storytelling or art and making your offer accessible to all.

‘This is the best/most useful training event on learning/families/education in
museums that I’ve ever been on.’ A previous Family Fortunes delegate

Chaired by Tali Krikler of the Jewish Museum, find out from Anna Smalley and
Cathy Gruba of Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery, the Telegraph Family
Friendly Award Winners of 2015, how they keep so family friendly.

Then hear from Fenella Goodhart of Historic Royal Palaces, Cath Hammond of
Epping Forest District Museums, Hannah Mackay-Jackson of Shipley Museum and Art
Gallery, Simone Few of the Museum of London and Rebecca Campbell-Gay of
Islington Museum how they do something different with the firm family
favourites.

We'll explore what it's like to work with early years settings from Emma
Middleton of the Foundling Museum and on ways to make your offer more inclusive
for families of children with disabilities from Julia Cort of the Horniman
Museum, a member of the new Museum Disability Cooperative Network.

Pam Pfrommer of the Audience Agency will take you through some great ways to
market to families once you've built the most amazing family offer.

With demonstrations from Sophie Smith of Maths on Toast and Miaomiao Yu of Bach
to Baby, you won't want to miss it!

Book now to get the Early Bird price!

------

Friday 11th December at the Museum of London

Digital Families – Early Bird only £65!

We're all going digital, and that includes our family audiences. Come along to a
day full of ideas and practical sessions to help you to digitally engage family
visitors with your museums and galleries.

“I learnt lots of new exciting things linked to the digital world.”

“Fantastic – nice to have practical advice based on real research.” Previous
Digital Families delegates

Chaired by Alex Flowers of the V&A, one of our hosts from the Museum of London,
Rhiannon Looseley, will open the day by introducing their Digital Learning
Strategy and explain how they put it together.

We'll hear about useful digital tools, like Friendly Wifi from Mike Davies of
RDI, Gingersnap from Jens Bacham of Gingersnap, and augmented reality apps from
Venu Tammabatula of Gamar.

The afternoon will be full of practical sessions on, for example, advanced
social media by Katie Moffat of the Audience Agency. For those of you just
getting started with social media, there will be a beginner's session by
Francesca Pellegrino of Kids in Museums.

There'll also be practical sessions on Minecraft by Rhiannon Looseley of the
Museum of London, digital accessibility by Heather Smith of the Jodie Mattes
Trust, and creating digital tours by Bianca Patkos of Xponia. If you want to
find out how to write a digital brief, Aalia Walker of the SMACK Agency will be
there to walk you through the steps.

Thanks to sponsorship from Xponia, we are able to offer this day at a reduced
rate, so don't miss out!

Our workshops are great for people working in: Family Learning, Education,
Visitor Services, Marketing, Interpretation, Volunteer Management, Audience
Development.

For more details or to book visit our website
http://kidsinmuseums.org.uk/workshops/

Please feel free to circulate this invitation to any one you feel would also
benefit from a Kids in Museums workshop.

Hope to see you there

The Workshop Team
Kids in Museums