Hi John,

There are a couple of bugs in the scripts.
Here you can find a patch:

http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsldownloads/patches/bedpostx-patch-fsl-5.0.9.tar.gz

Just need to copy these files to your   $FSLDIR/bin/   directory.

Moises.

On 27 October 2015 at 15:15, John Plass <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,
I've been trying to compile FSL so that I can run bedpostx_gpu with a single GPU on my desktop with Ubuntu 14.04.3 and CUDA 7.5. It appears that the neurodebian version doesn't include the GPU tools, so I've decided to build myself. I was able to build without errors, but I get a "permission denied" error during bedpostx_gpu preprocessing, then it skips directly to post-processing. Looking at the folders created by bedpostx, they are all set to read/write for me, the owner. The disk is formatted as ext4, so that shouldn't be the problem either. There is a possibility that this is sympomatic of some greater problem with my build or settings. I'd be very grateful for any advice

John

Input and output (I got same results with or without using -NJOBS 1:
john@T3500:~/HCP/100307/T1w$ bedpostx_gpu $HCPDIR/100307/T1w/Diffusion -n 3 -model 3 -g --rician --cnonlinear
------------ BedpostX GPU Version -----------
subjectdir is /home/john/HCP/100307/T1w/Diffusion
Making bedpostx directory structure
Copying files to bedpost directory
Pre-processing stage
Queuing parallel processing stage

----- Bedpostx Monitor -----
/home/john/HCP/100307/T1w/Diffusion.bedpostX/monitor: 55: [: x: unexpected operator
/bin/sh: 1: /home/john/HCP/100307/T1w/Diffusion.bedpostX/logs: Permission denied
Queuing post processing stage
/usr/local/fsl/bin/fsl_sub: 374: exit: Illegal number: -1
^C
john@T3500:~/HCP/100307/T1w$ /home/john/HCP/100307/T1w/Diffusion.bedpostX/monitor: 55: [: x: unexpected operator