A funded postdoctoral position is available in the cognitive neuroscience lab of Adam Aron at the University of California San Diego.

Projects are focused on motor inhibitory control and its relation to attention, working memory, motivation//value and Parkinson’s disease. The lab has diverse resources including EEG, deep brain LFP recording, fMRI, TMS, and access to patients.

Join our lab and ask questions such as: How can we develop more realistic behavioral paradigms for stopping inappropriate response tendencies? What are the critical nodes in the human brain for behavioral response control? How are these nodes connected and how do they relay information? How can we augment response control, through training and feedback (including closed-loop)? How do deficits in response control in simple laboratory tasks relate to clinical impulse control disorders? How does stopping impact working memory? What is the relation between stopping and freezing?

Candidates should:
a) hold a Ph.D (or be about to be awarded one) in any of cognitive psychology, behavioral neuroscience or cognitive neuroscience;
b) know how to program in matlab/psychtoolbox or something similar;
c) have knowledge of one or more neuroscience technique relevant for human studies.

Applications should be sent to [log in to unmask]:
- a cover letter describing research interests and how those are a match for the lab
- a CV
- contact info for references

Salary is commensurate with NIH-rates. Non US Citizens are welcome. Full University of California benefits are provided. The position is available immediately (October 2015) for a duration of ~3 years.

Adam R. Aron
Professor, Department of Psychology
Neuroscience Graduate Program
University of California, San Diego