Hi Bernadet,

In PALM you'd use "-evperdat <myfile.nii> [evpos] [desnum]", where the
<myfile.nii> is the file with the voxelwise EV (same size as the respective
input if more than one), [evpos] is the column position in the design, and
[desnum] is the design in which this EV will be included (PALM can take
more than one design matrix, so this option is needed for these cases).

If [desnum] is omitted, the default is 1. If [evpos] is also omitted, the
default is also 1. If the design itself (-d) is omitted, the default is to
use the images given with -evperdat to construct the design.

From this you can already infer that voxelwise EVs are *inserted* in the
design, whereas in randomise they *replace* a dummy EV. Because it inserts
a column, this means that the columns past the one inserted are shifted in
one position rightwards, and this goes on if more than one voxelwise EV is
used.

If there is feedback indicating that, as is, it isn't a good way to enter
the data, and that replacing a dummy EV would be more friendly, this
behaviour can be changed for future versions. Also, because this feature
isn't much used, it hasn't been much tested yet (hence the nearly absent
documentation on -evperdat). If you receive any error message, please send
feedback.

All the best,

Anderson