DRS2016 | Design + Research + Society | Future-focused Thinking

50th Anniversary International Design Research Society Conference

27–30 June 2016, Brighton, UK

**** Last two weeks before full paper deadline: 9th November 2015 ****

There are still two weeks to go before the full paper deadline for DRS2016 - plenty of time to finish all those difficult, not-quite-finished sections of your research paper. Don't leave it all to the last minute though - you can register with our online submission system<https://www.conftool.pro/drs2016/> and upload a draft version of your paper, before finally pressing the button before the 9th November deadline.

If you think you might be too late for a full paper, or just want to experiment with a different format for participation, we'll shortly be announcing detailed Calls for Conversations and Workshops.

We invite new and challenging paper submissions from any area or discipline of design research.  We embrace research looking at and using design in the widest possible sense with interdisciplinary work, and work responding to the conference themes, particularly encouraged.

Full papers can be submitted, using the paper template<http://www.drs2016.org/cfp/>, either to the Open Call or to one of the Additional Themes or Special Interest Groups listed below.

DRS2016 OPEN CALL

Future-Focused Thinking:
Papers, case studies, or designs that anticipate developments in one or more of the three areas of Design, Research and Society.

Papers critically engaging with our key conference questions:
How can design research help frame and address the societal problems that face us?
How can design research be a creative and active force for rethinking ideas about Design?
How can design research shape our lives in more responsible, meaningful, and open ways?

50 Years of Design Research:
Papers looking critically at key contributors and contributions over the past 50 years of Design Research.

More details about the Open Call<http://www.drs2016.org/cfp/>

DRS2016 ADDITIONAL THEMES

• Reframing the Paradox: Examining the Intersections between Evidence-based Design and Design for the Public Sector
• Design Research - History, Theory, Practice: Histories for Future-focused Thinking
• Aesthetics, Cosmopolitics and Design
• Embodied Making and Learning
• Design for Design: The Influence and Legacy of John Heskett
• Design Policy
• Design Epistemology
• The Politics of Commoning and Designing
• Design-ing and Creative Philosophies
• Food and Eating Design
• Design Innovation for Society
• Effective Information Design
• Design Thinking in Industry and Academia
• Aesthetic Pleasure in Design
• Design and Translation

More details about DRS2016 Additional Themes<http://www.drs2016.org/additional-themes/>

DRS SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS

• Objects, Practices, Experiences, Networks (OPENSIG)
• Wellbeing and Happiness (SIGWELL)
• Design for Tangible, Embedded and Networked Technologies (TENTSIG)
• Design Pedagogy (PedSIG)
• Inclusive Design (Inclusive SIG)
• Design for Behaviour Change (Behaviour Change SIG)
• Design Management (DM SIG)
• Sustainable Design (Sustainability SIG)
• Experiential Knowledge (EKSIG)

More details about DRS Special Interest Groups<http://www.drs2016.org/special-interest-groups/>

CONTACT US!

Any enquiries about the conference should be directed to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Sign up for updates on our conference website: http://www.drs2016.org/

Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/drs2016uk<http://twitter.com/drs2016uk>