From: The Disability-Research Discussion List [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Lillie,Timothy H [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2015 11:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Supporting Anna Shuttleworth

FC is or has been used with folks other than autistic. In fact, at one point that was a selling point: that is, that it was supposed to work with many, not only those with autism.

Saying that DJ is not autistic as a response to the post that Bob Williams-Findley posted could be construed as a way to muddy the waters, since FC was used with DJ. However, reports seem to indicate that he was non-verbal (in the sense of speaking recognizable words) and was unable to "type" without the help of Anna Stubblefield, who was convicted of two counts of gross sexual abuse of that person.

I do begin to understand the frustration that some who work in other areas have when people, in spite of valid scientific evidence to the contrary, continue to believe that vaccines "cause" autism, or that the Holocaust did not really occur.

Timothy Lillie, PhD
Curricular and Instructional Studies
LeBron James Family Foundation College of Education
The University of Akron Ohio’s Polytechnic University
Akron OH 44325-4205
Voice: 330-972-6746
Email: [log in to unmask]

Immediate Past Co-Chair, University Council
Senior Fellow, Institute for Life Span Development and Gerontology
Associate Editor, Research and Essays, “Review of Disability Studies”