Hoping that everyone will excuse the self-promotion – I wrote this http://www.sustainingtime.org/home/the-slow-university-and-a-collective-politics-of-time after attending one of the Slow University events in Durham last year. I do think challenging the time of academia is very important, but I find that slow is often justified because it potentially allows us to work better or do more. In the blog post I suggest that Sarah Sharma’s work in a collective ethics around time might be more helpful. Something that is also brought up in the Mountz et al. paper..

Best wishes,

Michelle

--

Dr Michelle Bastian

Chancellor’s Fellow, Edinburgh School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture

Edinburgh College of Art, University of Edinburgh

Level 1, Room 303B The Maltings

20-22 Chambers Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1JZ

Phone: +44 (0)131 651 5779

Email: [log in to unmask]