Dear all,

We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate student and  postdoctoral fellow to join Prof. Mario Halic group (http://www.halic.genzentrum.lmu.de/) at the Gene Center of University of Munich, Germany. The main focus of the laboratory is studying mechanism of heterochromatin formation. We combine functional studies on the systemic level with genetic, biochemical and structural approaches, to work towards a mechanistic understanding of heterochromatin formation.
The successful candidate will employ cryo-EM to address fundamental questions in heterochromatin formation and spreading. For example how the conserved Heterochromatin Protein 1 interacts with nucleosomes to facilitate heterochromatin spreading and compaction. We have already assembled multiple complexes involved in heterochromatin formation and collected preliminary cryo-EM data. Candidate will have an access to existing samples produced by group members and would continue on some of the started projects.
The successful applicant will become part of a truly multi-disciplinary group and will also benefit from colleagues using primarily genetic, genomic and biochemical approaches.
The posdoctoral candidate will be expected to hold a PhD in Biochemistry/Structural Biology.
The positions are available as a fixed term contract for 2 years in the first instance with possible extensions. Enquiries should be directed to Mario Halic ([log in to unmask]).