Hi Tony,

You may want to start by doing limited proteolysis and running gels on the
samples to see if there are any obvious bits that can be cloned out. We
generally have the protein of interest at 1 mg/mL and add protease at a
1:200 ratio. At various time points (5, 20, 60, 120, 240 minutes,
overnight) take out an aliquot and stop the proteolysis (I just put it in
5X loading dye and boil it). Mass spec the bands of interest and you should
be good to go. Of course, if you're cutting out an internal loop you'll end
up with two bands, but the hope is to find something consistent among the
different proteases.

Regards,
John