Hello Jamie,

thank you for your detailed reply. As both publisher and translator I am
wearing two hats, obviously not always at the same time.

I entirely agree with you as regards the translator-led ideas that you
discuss. Commitment to a poet's work is defintely a prerequisite for a
translator.

Regarding grants: The Dutch Foundation for Literature also offers many
grants for translators.

I am very grateful to you for drawing my attention to two collections I
had not known of. I have not read much of Jan Wagner's poetry but I
think it is a collection we should definitely try to review in /Poetry
Salzburg Revie//w/.

Wolfgang