CALL FOR PAPERS

NIPS 2015 Workshop:

ABC in Montreal

December 11th, 2015

Montreal, Canada

https://sites.google.com/site/abcinmontreal

Important Dates:

  Submission Deadline:  October 16, 2015

  Acceptance Notification:  October 30, 2015

Approximate Bayesian computation (ABC) or likelihood-free (LF) methods have developed mostly beyond the radar of the machine learning community, but are important tools for a large and diverse segment of the scientific community.  This is particularly true for systems and population biology, computational neuroscience, computer vision, healthcare sciences, but also many others.

Interaction between the ABC and machine learning community has recently started and contributed to important advances. In general, however, there is still significant room for more intense interaction and collaboration. Our workshop aims at being a place for this to happen.

The workshop will consist of invited and contributed talks, poster spotlights, and a poster session.  Rather than a panel discussion we will encourage open discussion between the speakers and the audience.

==============

Invited Speakers:

==============

===========

Submissions:

===========

We invite submissions in NIPS 2015 format with a maximum of 4 pages, excluding references.  Anonymity is not required.  Relevant works that have been recently published or presented elsewhere are allowed, provided that previous publications are explicitly acknowledged.  Authors of accepted papers will be invited to present either a poster or a short talk.  Please submit papers in PDF format [log in to unmask]

==================

Workshop Organizers:

==================

  • Ted Meeds, University of Amsterdam and Vrije University Amsterdam

  • Michael Gutmann, University of Helsinki and Aalto University

  • Dennis Prangle, Newcastle University

  • Richard Everitt, Reading University

  • Jean-Michel Marin, University of Montpellier

Acknowledgements:

ABC in Montreal has been endorsed by ISBA and received support from The Finnish Centre of Excellence in Computational Inference Research (COIN).

SIGNOFF allstat