Hi Rodrigo,

Not sure I get your question. But, are you looking for the loss in respect of the student whose marks reduce to 80% from 83% due to the drop in the 'conflict question' or the drop in the 'overall' reduction?

Case 1: If I were the lecturer, I would perhaps remove the question in contention completely from the assessment and score based on the remaining questions that give 50pts. That would mean, I would not consider marking it at all.

Case 2: After adopting case 1, I may as well score the question in contention separately under 10pts and decide to award as bonus (this would depend on my own intuition especially, to boost those who learn extensively and are always reading ahead-mind you, students could take me on with this)

Case 3: A student may score more marks in the 'conflict question' than the rest and for that matter, applying case 1 'may' sound unfair to him/her.

Case 4: If the marks are spread evenly, say 10pts each for 6 questions, then Case 3 student benefit when I decide to choose any 5 questions to answer. This would remove any sense of BIAS from the awards.

Case 5: If I can't follow all these, then I would have to give a new set of questions and set clear instructions to the assessment.

My response is based on my understanding Rodrigio. Thanks.

Richard Oppong Kumi
Assistant Registrar In-Charge of Monitoring and Evaluation
Quality Assurance and Control Unit
Sunyani Polytechnic, P. O. Box 206
Sunyani, Ghana.
+233 207 028 547