Senior Statistical Practitioner / Operational Research Analyst | £32,918 per annum

Permanent, full time | Titchfield, Hampshire / Newport, Gwent

Statistics are at the centre of all informed decision making across society and the economy. The Office for National Statistics (ONS) provides high quality economic and social statistics that help Britain make better decisions. Our information is used by the government, business, academia and the general public. The methods we use to do this have changed significantly over the years and technology has given us access and insight into data that simply would not have been possible years ago. With a transformative digital agenda in place, we’re evolving how we do things across the organisation; working innovatively to ensure that we are ready to meet the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. That’s why insightful, in-depth research and analysis are so important.

And at the heart of our statistics are our people. We depend on their expertise to produce first class data. Whether they are influencing the Bank of England’s interest rates or informing local government on regional social issues, they’re producing vital statistics that inform decision making in our society and economy.

About the role

Here at the ONS, we provide the high quality economic and social statistics that shape the nation.

As Senior Statistical Practitioner / Senior Operational Research Analyst, you’ll use your technical knowledge to work with a team of analysts and ONS business experts to deliver data analysis and dissemination for various surveys, statistical outputs and research projects. You’ll ensure the team are effectively structuring business issues, collating the necessary data, analysing it to identify the results or trends and then presenting the results in an appropriate format, such as a presentation, technical report or infographic, for example. Collaboration is important as you’ll need to take the needs and requirements of customers and stakeholders into account when working with your team. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a high profile, high impact role, with a direct impact on our statistical output helping to develop and improve it for the better.

About you

Technically-minded, you’ll have a proven track record of data manipulation, interpretation, visualisation and achieving impact with analysis and problem solving. Currently working in academia, analysis in government or for a scientific organisation, you’re looking for a new opportunity that will see.........

...... Read on & Apply: http://bit.ly/1hPJhfm

SIGNOFF allstat