Dear All
*
**Re: Another date for your diary *

In The Queen's University Belfast on Wednesday December 9th 2015, at
3pm, Dr. Kevin Burke of the University of Limerick
will present the following talk on a new class of models for analyzing
survival data. (The room will announced later.)
*_
Title_*: Non-proportional hazard effects

*_Abstract_*: In the field of survival analysis, the Proportional
Hazards (PH) model is the most popular regression model; however,
non-PH covariate effects are often observed in practice. One classical
explanation for non-PH effects is the presence of an
unobservable subject-specific random effect (which multiplies the hazard
function) - the so-called "frailty model". In this model
  covariates may have proportional effects at the individual level but
are non-proportional at the population (i.e., marginal) level.
An alternative explanation is that covariates truly do exhibit non-PH
effects at the individual level (and, hence, at the population level).
We will introduce the Multi-Parameter Regression (MPR) model - a fully
parametric survival model which handles individual level non-PH
  covariate effects - and compare this with the frailty approach.
Finally, we will combine the MPR and frailty approaches and consider
the implications of this more general approach in the context of real data.

We hope to see there.  Note the 3pm start.

Gilbert
Hon Sec.

--

_____________________________