Saying "95 out of every 100 times"
is clearly a long-run statement -  we do not mean EVERY 100 times i.e.
1-100 and 2-101 and 3-102 etc etc etc.

Let's not sacrifice clarity on the altar of pedantry!

JOHN BIBBY

====  Please note:
1. My other email also works: it is [log in to unmask]
2. Come to York next 17-18 June for BABITME conference on Middle East, WW1,
etc.: please visit www.tinyurl.com/BABITME