From: RADMAN Narges [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 September 2015 14:10
To: Zeidman, Peter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: ROIs for DCM

Dear Peter,

I am sorry for asking several questions on the same topic.

Following your suggestion o​n using threshold p=1, I have prepared the same model with the timeseries coming from p=1. Here an example of values of connections between ROIs for the same model:

Connection

p=1 (5ROIs)

p=0.05(3ROIs) , p=1 (2ROIs)

ACC to BA45

0.007812

0.016548

ACC to BA47

0.007812

0.012369

ACC to Lc

0.007812

0.013379

LC to ACC

0.007812

-0.00357

LC to BA45

0.007812

0.001077

LC to BA47

0.007812

-0.00579

BA45 to ACC

0.007812

0.035466

BA45 to LC

0.007812

0.034333

BA47 to ACC_

0.007812

0.060154

BA47 to LC

0.007812

0.059107

BA45 to BA47

0.007812

0.034647

BA47 to BA45

0.007812

0.039769

BA37/19 to BA45

0.007812

0.053996

BA37/19 to BA47

0.007812

-0.06729

BA37/19 to LC

0.007812

-0.1441

The value of connection between ROIs change importantly according to the p values of extraction, and strangely, I got quite the same value of connectivity all over the first model.

When I see the pattern of the first column, I thinks the model did not reach a satisfying equilibrium and results seem meaningless. Do you agree with that?

Would it worth to use the version with different thresholds for extracting timeseries (although as you have previously said, it will be hard to justify).

Sincerely,

Narges Radman

Laboratory for Cognitive and Neurological Sciences

Neurology Unit, Medicine Department, University of Fribourg

Ch. du Musée 5, 1700 Fribourg, Switzerland
http://www.unifr.ch/neurology/
http://www.unifr.ch/med/nibsi