Dear SEDA colleagues
While I know this list has many non UK members, myself included, this message is targeted principally at colleagues in the UK

I am running a masters course starting in January which is called Teaching and Learning in Post Secondary Education. It includes some comparison of the Canadian and UK Higher Education systems - in particular in terms of support for teaching and learning - ie professional development for academic teachers and study skills courses for students.

I would like to facilitate direct contact between the students on this course and similar students in the UK. I'm open to suggestions as to how this might work, but I'm anticipating maybe a discussion forum in Moodle, or similar, or perhaps groups working together on a short joint presentation.
One limitation maybe time - in that the class meets on alternate weeks from 5.30 to 9.30 pm - which will be the middle of the night (10.30pm to 2.30am)  in the UK. However it is a blended course with alternate weeks held on line so there is flexibility built in.

Anyway - the purpose of this email is to ask if any of you have or know of a course where there might be the possibility to arrange cross pollination....

And if there are any colleagues in other parts of the world, other than Canada, who would like to join in - please let me know!
Best wishes
Celia

Celia PopovicDirector
Teaching Commons

YORK UNIVERSITY
1046 TEL Bldg • 4700 Keele Street
Toronto ON • Canada M3J 1P3
T 416.736.2100 ext 55922 F 416.736.5704

[log in to unmask] www.yorku.ca www.yorku.ca/teachingcommons   Teaching Commons Communities of Practice - Join Now! TC Learning, Teaching and Assessment Programs

This electronic mail (e-mail), including any attachments, is intended only for the recipient(s) to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure. No waiver of privilege, confidentiality or any other protection is intended by virtue of its communication by the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of it.