Dear Carolyn,
    Looking at your address, I must assume that you've tried all the local sources - eg, the present administrator for the Landmark Trust of 'Naulaha', and any local directories of 1893 listing tradesmen in the Brattleboro' area.  I can only say that there is no record in the extracts of Carrie Kipling's diaries of his name, or the name of any others who helped to build 'Naulakha'.  (These are all that remains of the Kiplings' personal accounts of events at that time other than his published correspondence, and the building of Naulakha doesn' get much mention in that.)  It is possible (though I doubt it) that there may be something among the collection of Kipling papers depositied in the care of the University of Sussex - I've never had cause to go rootling among the collection, so I cannot say.  I'm very sorry not to be of more help.
    Yours Sincerely,
    Alastair Wilson