Dear Richard,

Welcome to RAMESES!  What an interesting area of evaluation, and as you point out, an area under-researched but as important as accurate drug prescribing…

My first thoughts are that I don’t know Sam Foster’s paper – would you mind sending me a link to it – it sounds interesting….

Just to clarify, are you going to review studies that have looked at fluid prescription, or are you going to be doing primary research (a realist evaluation)?  And what’s your research question –in realist research it will have an explanatory focus – so is it something like why is there variation in the practice of fluid prescribing?  Would that be right?

Looking forward to hearing back….

Becky.

Rebecca Hardwick
Associate Research Fellow