From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sarah Peers
Sent: 30 September 2015 09:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PSCI-COM] convincing data linking economy to STEM graduates?

Hi Wendy

There is data out there: essentially data from companies saying they cannot progress on projects, deliver services, lose out on global contracts, because they have not got the skills and people.

Search for CBI data; also EngineeringUK summarises some of the economic arguments that come from the PEIs:

http://www.engineeringuk.com/Research/Engineering_UK_Report_2015/

If the engineering (only one part of STEM) were filled, this would result in companies being able to generate a further £27bn a year from 2022.

More to follow, I am sure!

Sarah

Dr Sarah Peers

Peers & Peers | [log in to unmask] | @smcpeers