Jill, it’s a fascinating piece, on both your poem, & poetics, & the Benjamin connection.

The image, which he goes to, but which various poets i am sure have alluded to in various ways (i know i have), is, yes, itself variously ambiguous & perhaps should be read as she & Osborne do, but seeing that angel as meta & imago & certainly suggesting a sense of defeat if not actual defeat will continue, or can be one of he ways it operates in the image bank.

Meanwhile, Williamson has fascinating things to say aout the poem. Could you perhaps post it for us here?

Doug
On Sep 3, 2015, at 3:53 AM, Jill Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Sure thing, Doug, understand. Time, that thing, has certainly killed all my time this week.

> On 02/09/2015, at 7:01 AM, Douglas Barbour wrote:
>
>> Will get to it, Jill, as it does look very interesting, but no time today….
>>
>> Doug
>> On Aug 31, 2015, at 5:34 PM, Jill Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Andrew,
>>>
>>> OK, here it is. Me pome gets a look in at the beginning and the end but Benjamin et al get the centre.
>>>
>>> http://www.nla.gov.au/openpublish/index.php/jasal/article/view/3287
>>>
>>> You may find one of the footnotes amusing.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Jill

Douglas Barbour

Recent publications: (With Sheila E Murphy) Continuations & Continuation 2 (UofAPress).
Recording Dates (Rubicon Press).

	Done in by creation itself.

I mean the gods. Not us. Well us too.
The gods moved into books. Who wrote the books?
We wrote the books. In whose dream, then are we dreaming?

		Robert Kroetsch.