Well, my visceral reaction says you caught this all too well, Lawrence. A kind of on-the-page performance piece….

Doug
On Sep 23, 2015, at 2:49 AM, Lawrence Upton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> He was prising snot loose from his nose,
>
> prior to deploying a handkerchief
>
> and expelled breath; poking it, dragging
>
> a nail upwards and down so gently;
>
> enjoying himself, but too concentrated
>
> for a look of satisfaction; intense,
>
> like an animal or less than self-conscious
>
> human beings, itchy, scratching themselves.
>

> And then he blew it; both tunnels; quite hard,
>
> the square white cloth pushed up into his face;
>
> the explosive utterance of a full-up nose
>
> and the mucky billowing of held fabric
>
> forced in place by broad chubby hands, again
>
> and again; till the volumes were wrung and empty.

Douglas Barbour

Recent publications: (With Sheila E Murphy) Continuations & Continuation 2 (UofAPress).
Recording Dates (Rubicon Press).

	Done in by creation itself.

I mean the gods. Not us. Well us too.
The gods moved into books. Who wrote the books?
We wrote the books. In whose dream, then are we dreaming?

		Robert Kroetsch.