> On Sep 5, 2015, at 7:56 PM, Terence Love <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> You suggested
>
> 'Asking "What actions that we assume are only done by human designers can be done by machines?" is a very interesting question and, I think, at the heart of many of Terry Love’s posts.'
>
> Actually, I'm asking a tougher question that is hard on human egos.
>
> 'Assuming human creativity is highly limited, how can we design automated design systems that design much BETTER than we can design as humans with our biologically highly-limited abilities of creativity, intuition, emotion, perception, feeling and thinking.'

Be careful, Terry. I’m too old to fight Skynet.

I’d urge the more modest question: "What actions that we assume are only done by human designers can be done by automated systems and what can be done better by automated systems?" That might let Arnold off the hook for another sequel; he’s too old to fight Skynet (or for Skynet), too.

Gunnar

Gunnar Swanson
East Carolina University
graphic design program