There is another question that relates to this subject, and it is
equally interesting IMHO.
It is also more interesting for design practitioners:

Are you a designer or just a tool for supporting decision-making and the
process of configuring objects?

Look at it as a kind of reverse-Turing test: what are designers doing
that leads an observer to think those are products of an intelligent
designer and not the product of a machine?

It remains to be assessed what "design" actually is, in the hands of
designers, as much as it remains to be assessed what it can be inside a
machine.

++++++++++

We already had this discussion several times on this list.
In the end, there are mainly two positions in this kind of debate:
1. Those who have a deeply rooted belief that design is some kind of
unfathomable power bestowed upon human creatures, hence impossible to
transfer to machines;
2. Those who think otherwise.

Most of the type 1 opinions are based on belief.
My opinion is of type 2 because I have no default belief.
But type 1 is in good company: even Einstein said that "God doesn't play
dice".

--
Best regards,

Carlos Pires