**Apologies for cross posting **

Dear colleagues

We’re writing to let  you know about a range of exciting HEA activities we’d love you to get involved in over the coming months.

We are pleased to announce the return of our annual conferences on teaching and learning in the disciplines, we’ll be running four conferences across 15/16 and the call for papers are now open for each of these Inspire conferences -  https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/about/news/call-papers-open-teaching-and-learning-conferences :

·         Social Science conference, 3–4 December 2015, Manchester

·         STEM conference, 28­­–29 January 2016 Nottingham

·         Health and Social Care conference, 24–25 February 2016 Glasgow

·         Arts and Humanities conference, 3–4 March 2016 Brighton. See more at:

This month sees the launch of a new Twitter chat #HEAchat which will take place on the last Tuesday of each month from 6.30-7.30pm. This will be a regular, open forum for academics to come together and share their experiences of teaching and learning in HE/FE with a particular focus on disciplinary issues in teaching and learning. Join us for a chance to connect with teaching and learning practitioners beyond your institution or discipline, share ideas and together find new, inventive ways to face challenges and be creative in your teaching and learning practice. - See more at: https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/about-hea/blog/heachat

Finally, we are hosting a series of free lunchtime research webinars which offer you the opportunity to come together to debate critical issues in HE learning and teaching. Taking newly-available pedagogic research and resources as their starting point, our webinars are aimed at those who want to keep up-to-date with new thinking to improve their practice, inform their institutional strategy, and develop policy.  Our first on the pedagogies of partnership is on 7 October . You can read more about the series here: https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/research/research-webinars

We hope you will join us in the coming months and consider submitting a paper to one of our conferences.

Best wishes

Kandy

Kandy Woodfield

Head of Social Sciences

T +44 (0)1904 717500            M +44 (0) 7720 968864          [log in to unmask]

The Higher Education Academy, Innovation Way, York Science Park, Heslington, York, YO10 5BR

www.heacademy.ac.uk – Twitter@HEAcademy

This e-mail along with any attachment(s) is strictly confidential and may contain privileged information. It is intended solely for the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not disclose, store, copy, take any action or omit to take any action in reliance of its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail immediately. Views expressed in this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy. Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security and take any necessary measures when e-mailing us. Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachment(s) are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should ensure that they are actually virus free as the Higher Education Academy will not be liable for any losses as a result of any viruses being passed on by this e-mail and/or any attachment(s). The Higher Education Academy. Company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 04931031. Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 1101607. Registered as a charity in Scotland no. SC043946.