Hello all

As I will be speaking on behalf of both ALT and the OER-SIG at the CLA's
/Copyright Masterclass for teaching and learning in FE/ next Tuesday,  I
thought I would share with you an outline of what I intend to say:

 1. Introduction to ALT, with particular reference to what it can offer
    to FE (who are the intended audience)
 2. What do we mean by open? I will seek to explain the various ways in
    which 'open' is applied to education,  talk about degrees of
    openness, and I will give various examples of open educational
    practice/resources
 3. What the SIG does, and I will include a recommendation to sign up to
    the mail group. (I am going to bring with me sufficient copies for
    all participants of the SIG 'business cards' that we had printed for
    OER15.)
 4. Examining how we might move to fit-for-purpose, fit-for 21st century
    models for making educational resources available and for
    appropriately rewarding those who create them
 5. Why not try an open(ish) online learning experience yourself? - a
    brief plug at the end of the presentation for the FutureLearn course
    'Blended Learning Essentials: Getting Started' which starts in November

Many thanks to Maren and to Viv for providing many of the slides I will
be using. Thanks also to members of the SIG Committee who have provided
ideas, which I will incorporate. Attached is the PowerPoint presentation.

Best wishes

Terry