Dear Friends,

Greetings. Please see the following information collected by my Research Scholar Mrs. M.Arunachalam from various sources with an objective of getting attention of the Members of various Netforum where I have been a Member for many years so that we can get the experiment envisaged conducted successfully.

The World Health Organization (WHO) predicts that by 2030, diabetes would be the seventh leading cause of disease as already there are about 347 million people living with the disease worldwide.In India alone, 65.1 million people suffer from this problem  according to a report by The International Diabetes Federation (IDF).As for children under the age of 15, in 2012, approximately 500,000 were found to be diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes (T1DM). Half of this number was in developing countries alone.Over 97,000 of these children were found in India, according to the Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism,meaning around one in five children diagnosed with diabetes, is Indian. This number is rising further.Diabetes in children is generally attributed to bad eating habits, with nutritious meals being replaced with fast foods, coupled with physical inactivity.Keeping these facts in mind, a web-based learning material has been developed aiming at testing a few hypotheses related to the effectiveness of its reachability among those interested in learning Diabetes, as a part of Ph.D. Programme undertaken by Mrs.M.Arunachalam, a research scholar being guided and supervised by me.

                   May I humbly request all our friends in the Forum to kindly bring it to the notice of those who are interested in learning about DIABETES so that their participation in the experiment will help us in completing study in hand.

Yours sincerely,
Prof.N.BALASUBRAMANIAN