Hi Rachel

Over the summer, we moved to a new ticketing system and went with a hosted solution (though I don't think we do pay a transaction fee per ticket).

Hosting solution is not ideal, but seems to work fine for us so far. Ultimately the decision came down to cost, especially up-front cost.

Here's our pros / cons list from the time.

(We also looked at Eventbrite but that was ultimately more costly per ticket and couldn't give all the selling functionality we needed.)

API

Pros
*	Completely bespoke
*	In keeping with existing design
*	Transactions all take place on the same website
*	Consistent and controllable user journey

Cons

*	Cost for development
*	Additional on-going cost for any additional functionality
*	Time and resource (internal)

---

Pros

*	Design and look/feel are customisable
*	Desirable additional functionalities are standard elements
*	Cost is more affordable
*	Database feeds web platform, more integrated from beginning

Cons

*	User journey is not customisable
*	It takes users to a new website - confusing for users?

--
Adrian Murphy
Digital Manager