Dear Colleagues,

During March to May 2015, we mounted an exhibition highlighting the Science Fiction and Fantasy collection amassed by Harold Terrence Salive (1939-2012). This exhibition - Aliens, Androids & Unicorns - contained (amongst others) his almost complete run of Astounding Stories, numerous works by Van Vogt, Delaney, and Fantasy authors such as C.J Cherryh, Jack L. Chalker, Poul Anderson, and Piers Anthony. Salive’s Collection was donated to Special Collections in March 2013 by his wife Rachel. It is a lasting legacy to a fine collector.

We have now much pleasure in announcing that this collection is now live, on the below link. Please enjoy. And as always, we like feedback on how to improve presentations.

http://www.otago.ac.nz/library/exhibitions/aliensandandroids/

Cheers

Donald

**
Dr. Donald Kerr
Special Collections Librarian
University of Otago
P.O. Box 56
Dunedin, New Zealand
Phone: (03) 479-8330
Email: [log in to unmask]

University of Otago Centre for the Book: https://blogs.otago.ac.nz/cfb/

Bibliographical Society of Australia and New Zealand http://bsanz.org/

Supporter of Dunedin’s UNESCO City of Literature status

**

Current Exhibition: The Melrose Library: Reflecting the Life and Works of Sir F. Truby King

28 August to 27 November 2015

http://www.library.otago.ac.nz/SpecialCollections/exhibitions.html

**

‘Happy, intense absorption in any work, which is to be brought as near to perfection as possible, this is a state of being with God, and the men who have not known it have missed life itself.’ - D. H. Lawrence