Dear colleagues,

The following post is currently advertised at King’s College London.

Special Collections Manager

Salary details:  grade 6, £32,277 - £38,511, plus London allowance at £2,323

Full-time permanent post

King’s College London is one of the top universities in the world and has an outstanding reputation for providing world class teaching and cutting edge research. We are building a flexible, dynamic and innovative library service to meet the needs and exceed the expectations of our large group of diverse library customers.

Applications are invited for the new post of Special Collections Manager. Reporting to the Head of Special Collections, the Special Collections Manager will play a senior role in the management and development of special collections at King’s.

The successful candidate will lead on the development and implementation of the web and digitisation strategies for special collections, will provide operational management of the Foyle Special Collections Library’s reading room and will line manage two members of Special Collections staff.  Promotional and outreach activities and the incorporation of special collections materials in academic programmes are key areas of focus, and the Special Collections Manager will play a full role in their development, planning and delivery. We are looking for a special collections library professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to meet challenging deadliness, and a commitment to the development of innovative services which are underpinned by robust professional and operational practices.

The Foyle Special Collections Library at King’s College London holds upwards of 180,000 volumes, ranging in date from 1483 to the present day and spanning the humanities, sciences and social sciences. Notable collections include the historical library collections of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and of the medical schools of Guy’s and St Thomas’s hospitals.

Closing date for applications: 2 October 2015

For further details and an application pack, please see:  https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=63852

Katie Sambrook

====

Katie Sambrook