Hi

I can see some discussions in 2010 and again in 2012 in the LIS-PUB-LIS archives about e-newsletters but can't see anything more recent.

We would like to create newsletters using the data on our LMS. I would love to hear from any libraries who publish a library newsletter for their customers.

1.                   How do you measure the success? For example, do you see an increase in an online resource if it is featured in a newsletter?

2.                   Can your Council computers cope with the volume of emails - or have you had to use an external supplier to manage and distribute the newsletter (e.g. TaylorFitch<http://www.taylorfitch.com/>)

3.                   Does anyone use Mailchimp?

4.                   How do you cope with non-delivered emails (bounce backs)? Also, if the customer has ticked the box to receive marketing in the LMS, do you manually go into the LMS and un-tick the box?

5.                   Can your newsletters be read on all forms of mobile devices and computers?
Finally, please can you email me a copy of your latest letter.

I'll circulate the results to the list.

Many thanks in advance.

Jo

Joanne Simmons
Stock & Information Services Librarian
Brighton & Hove City Council
Jubilee Library
Jubilee Street
Brighton, BN1 1GE
Tel: 01273 296966

I work on Mondays and Tuesdays

Notice to recipient:
The information contained in this electronic mail message is intended only for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed
and may contain information which is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is prohibited by law.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender immediately.
Thank you in anticipation of your co-operation.

You can visit our website at http://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk

Please consider the environment, only print out this email if absolutely necessary.

Please Note:  Both incoming and outgoing Emails may be monitored and/or recorded in line with current legislation.