Apologies for cross-posting

Dear Colleagues,

We have received a number of requests to extend the deadline: examples can now be submitted up until Thursday 24th September.

Health Education England have commissioned Edge Hill University and CFE Research to undertake a study to develop the evidence about widening participation in NHS-funded healthcare higher education programmes (excluding medicine and dentistry).  We are currently looking for examples of effective practice in relation to all aspects of widening participation:

* Widening access to increase the diversity of students studying in HE;

* Improving the continuation and completion of students from non-traditional groups;

* Increasing the attainment (e.g. degree classification) of students from non-traditional groups;

* Promoting progression to health-related employment or postgraduate study for graduates from non-traditional backgrounds.

These examples will be published electronically by Health Education England in their Widening Participation Directory of Best Practice (see https://nw.hee.nhs.uk/our-work/widening-participation-incubator-project/widening-participation-the-healthcare-workforce-call-for-best-practice/)

We are also looking to work collaboratively with partner higher education institutions to explore the experience of students and graduates from non-traditional backgrounds in healthcare programmes in autumn 2015.

If you would like to submit an example, be involved in the qualitative study with students or to find out more please email [log in to unmask] for further details.

With best wishes and thanks

Liz

Edge Hill University
Times Higher Education University of the Year

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and remove it from your system. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Edge Hill or associated companies. Edge Hill University may monitor email traffic data and also the content of email for the purposes of security and business communications during staff absence.