"We implemented your student generated model of induction at our September 2014 inductions and our generic feedback scores rose from around 3.2/5 to 4.6/5. Pretty impressive!!!”
[Deputy Dean Learning & Teaching, Principal Fellow HEA]

Hi Everyone,

Good morning. Some places are still available for "Student-Generated Induction: A Social Identity Approach" at Woburn House Conference Centre, London on Thursday October 8th 2015.

Student-Generated Induction provides a social and participative approach to induction. It is based on peer-group membership and provides a strong fit with modern concepts such as 'Student-As-Producer' and 'Student-As-Partner.'

The workshop will provide new group-level theory of membership as a tool to enhance a sense of belonging. It also offers a scalable practice for student induction and transition. Student-Generated Induction has been developed from doctoral research at The University of Glasgow and has already been adopted by different universities around the UK.

Participants will experience this practical approach to share and discuss aspects of their current induction practice together.You will also see different ways Student-Generated Induction can be measured within and across institutions.

This event has proved very popular in recent times providing a useful forum for reflection amongst academics, support & information professionals. If you would like to book a place, you are welcome to use the attached booking form and to be invoiced later. Alternatively, further details of the workshop and how to book online via Eventbrite can be found at: http://bit.ly/sharedthinking

Best Wishes,
Nick

Dr.Nicholas Bowskill,
University of Derby (Education),
Kedleston Road,
Derby

Workshop London Thursday October 8th:
"Student-Generated Induction: A Social Identity Approach"

Nicholas Bowskill is a former Kelvin-Smith Scholar at University of Glasgow. He is lead tutor for SEDA online workshop on Introduction to Educational Change and an online tutor (Education) at University of Derby. SharedThinking is an independent consultancy.