Hi everyone

I’m after a bit of guidance/interesting articles/good practice here.

A colleague and I have decided to experiment with an open space/workshop during Term 1 to get first and second year students together, the context being to kick start their respective research projects. It is though also to enable the first years to meet with older students and get a feel for how the course “works” in general, partly to enhance engagement and retention of first year students, partly to involve the 2nd years in peer mentoring  - and it is in response to some suggestions which have emerged from the students themselves.

Has anyone done/is currently doing something similar? Do you know of any research in this area?

At present this is a one off but I am interested in ways we could build this into the course.

Thanks in anticipation J

Jane Challinor MA SFHEA

Subject Lead/Principal Lecturer in Health and Social Care

Room: 3208 Chaucer Building

Division of Social Work and Professional Practice - School of Social Sciences

Nottingham Trent University Burton Street  Nottingham NG1 4BU

Tel: 0115 848 4245  Email: [log in to unmask]

DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.