Peter Lang is delighted to be attending the Association of British and Irish Lusitanists in Exeter next week.

Please come by the Peter Lang bookstand to see our latest publications and meet with Commissioning Editor Alessandra Anzani. To schedule an appointment, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

On Tuesday at 10.30 am we will be presenting our series Reconfiguring Identities in the Portuguese-Speaking World, edited by Claudia Pazos Alonso and Paulo de Medeiros (www.peterlang.com/?rip), and book by Ana Margarida Martins Magic Stones and Flying Snakes: Gender and the ‘Postcolonial Exotic’ in the Work of Paulina Chiziane and Lídia Jorge. (www.peterlang.com/?430828; discount price £24). Please join us!

A selection of Peter Lang titles will be available for purchase at a 30% discount at the conference, including the following from our series

Utopia in Portugal, Brazil and Lusophone African Countries
Edited by Francisco Bethencourt

This volume examines the uses and effects of utopian visions on history, literature and culture of the Portuguese-speaking countries; topics include national identity, political strategies, missionary doctrine and literary figures from Camões to José Saramago.

For more information: www.peterlang.com/?431871  Discount price: £33.00

Narrating the Postcolonial Nation: Mapping Angola and Mozambique
Edited by Ana Mafalda Leite, Hilary Owen and Livia Apa

This book looks at the way that Mozambican and Angolan literary works seek to narrate, re-create and make sense of the postcolonial nation, via three broad themes: the role of history; the recurring image of the voyage; and discursive/narrative strategies. A final section considers the postcolonial in a broader Lusophone and international context.

For more information: www.peterlang.com/?430891   Discount price: £28.00

The Anthology in Portugal
By Patricia Anne Odber de Baubeta, Margarida Vale de Gato and Maria de Lurdes Morgado Sampaio

These new essays examine the anthology in Portugal, exploring issues of reception, translation and canonicity. The book includes the role of the anthology in international literary exchange, the relationship between the literary canon and literature at the margins, and the importance of cover art in conditioning reader expectations.

For more information: www.peterlang.com/?11555  Discount price: £31.00

Alessandra Anzani

Commissioning Editor

PETER LANG LTD
International Academic Publishers

Oxford · Bern · Berlin · Brussels · Frankfurt am Main · New York · Vienna

52 St Giles
Oxford, OX1 3LU
United Kingdom

Tel:  ++44 (0)1865 514160

Fax +44 (0)1865 604028
www.peterlang.com <http://www.peterlang.com/>

http://peterlangoxford.wordpress.com/
@PeterLangOxford <https://twitter.com/PeterLangOxford>
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Peter-Lang-Oxford/260315267419469
http://www.pinterest.com/peterlangoxford/

Registered VAT no. 895684060 / Registered in England No. 5861291
Registered address: Equity House, 4-6 School Road, Reading, Berkshire RG31 5AL