Has any work been put into uniform indexing of scanned records?

At present (or at any rate before 1.4.13) every practice seemed to be doing
their own thing – and even within a practice looking for information within
a series of scanned letters was very time comsuming.

If there is going to be a national roll-out of digitising old records, how
will this – and the re-indexing of already digitised records/letters – be
managed?

How is this being handled in Scotland?

Mary Hawking

Booking is open for the PHCSG AGM & Annual Conference 15th/16th October 2015
http://phcsg.org/agm-and-annual-conference-2015/

Will I be seeing you there?

  _____