Dear Alex,

We carried out a similar study along coastal cliffs using oblique
photogrammetry and xyz control points taken with a total station and dGPS.
We published a paper with the methodology we followed, the reference is:
Martín et al., 2013: Construction of accurate geological cross-sections
along trenches, cliffs and mountain slopes using photogrammetry. Computers
& Geosciences 51: 90-100.
In this work we focused on generating cross-sections, i.e. interpreting
geologically relevant planes in 3D, but we were also able to obtained a
virtual outcrop of the cliffs.

Kind regards,

Hodei Uzkeda