Dear all,

I need to have some thin sections or sample slabs made of porous rocks
(sandstone, carbonates) that have the following specifications:

max size 10x10 mm
no glue/epoxy, at least not in/under the centre of the sample
no cover slip (or a removable cover slip) on top

Sounds difficult to me...

Alternatively, a slab (not mounted as a thin section) with the following
specs:

max size 10x10 mm
max thickness 2 mm

The challenge here is to get this made without destroying the material,
and without the use of epoxy. Clearly that rules out some of the more
friable porous rocks.

Anyway - I do not have any experience with the preparation of samples or
thin sections this small and delicate, so any suggestions as to where you
think I could get this done would be much appreciated!

Best regards,
Atle

--
Atle Rotevatn
Professor, Structural- and Reservoir Geology

Department of Earth Science
University of Bergen
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Phone: (+47) 48109959