Just a note to make you aware of the new volume of Advances in Gender Research

Just Published: At the Center: Feminism, Social Science and Knowledge

Edited by Vasilikie P. Demos (University of Minnesota Morris) and Marcia Texler Segal (Indiana University Southeast)

At the Center reflects on how the study of gender has changed and how studying gender has affected our research methods and our knowledge of the world around us. In honor of Bell Hooks' prophetic work, Feminist Theory: From Margin to Center, the volume considers how advances in gender research represent a centering of feminist knowledge and an understanding of the process by which feminist knowledge is constructed. A multinational group of contributors explore relatively new problems such as the integration of transgender study, traditional topics in so far as they incorporate current knowledge and methodological issues pertaining to the effects of research on the researcher and the researched as well as other epistemological matters associated with the construction of gender knowledge.

"At the Center is an impressive volume which provides rich illustrations of how feminist theories, methods, praxis and pegagoies, and histories continue to ask provocative questions and provide unsettling answers about the relationship of genders to our social and increasingly global realities."

Dr Manisha Desai, University of Connecticut, USA

If you are teaching a course in this area you can request a FREE inspection copy.

I hope you enjoy reading the volume and you can use this link to purchase a copy.

List members can claim 30% discount  by going to http://www.emeraldinsight.com/offer and quoting the code SOCPP15. Valid until 20th November 2015.

Remember if you use Twitter to follow @EmeraldSoc for regular updates and offers.

Thanks

Emma

Emma Stevenson

Publishing Editor | Emerald Group Publishing Limited

Tel: +44 (0) 1274 785198 | Fax: +44 (0)1274 785200
[log in to unmask] | www.emeraldgrouppublishing.com

Emerald Group Publishing Limited, Registered Office: Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley, BD16 1WA United Kingdom. Registered in England No. 3080506, VAT No. GB 665 3593 06