Dear all

Please see details below for the job vacancy of Heritage Officer at Brent Museum & Archives.
Many thanks.
Jana Cameron, Learning Officer, Brent Museum & Archives

Heritage Officer - (1500050)

Salary range: £27,252 - £28,935 p.a. inc.

Hours of work: 36 hours per week

Location: Civic Centre and other locations from time to time

Are you passionate about making archives and museum collections accessible?

Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up. Brent's diversity is evident to all who visit our borough and our long history of ethnic and cultural diversity has created a place that is truly unique and valued by those who live and work here.

The council is pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our community so it is an exciting time to join us.

The Post

This is an exciting time for heritage in Brent. We have just opened a new cultural centre in Willesden Green that houses, amongst other things, a brand new museum, archive and exhibition space. We want to build and develop our museum and archive collections, increase access to it through a variety of means and widen engagement with the heritage service across the borough. If you are passionate about heritage, have a museum or/and archives background and you would like to work with a dynamic, imaginative and creative team then keep reading!

The Person

You will have a good knowledge of museums and archives and their collections, a qualification in museum and/or archives, and/or experience working in the sector.

You will be enthusiastic with a can do attitude and be committed to providing excellent customer service for visitors to the museum and archives.

You will have knowledge and understanding of the developments in the heritage sector. You are enthusiastic about making collections accessible and engaging people with heritage, you also have excellent skills in organisation and management of information. You will have a strong commitment to promoting Brent's history and widening knowledge of its important collections.

Closing Date: 11 October 2015 (23:59)

To apply please visit: https://lbbrent.taleo.net/careersection/lbb_internal/jobdetail.ftl

--
The use of Brent Council's e-mail system may be monitored and communications read in order to secure effective operation of the system and other lawful purposes.