Hi Ian,

The original COPEs are brought up because the variance between subjects is then preserved. Using z- or t-stats would destroy this information and would not be appropriate. Intra-subject variances are a different story: they are much smaller than between-subject variances and, notwithstanding, we hope to have something in the future months to approach this in a proper way. Regardless, it's fine and well appropriate use simply the COPEs in randomise.

All the best,

Anderson