Hi George,

All regions in the map of a given component share the same timecourse for that component. I suspect that, all regions having the same timecourse, there won't be much information to infer relationships among them with DCM.

About splitting the component, one of the nicest features of the dual regression is that the maps are continuous, and they are so in two senses: they span the whole brain with no interruption, and they take continuous values. You can split, sure, but what about the other components in the first stage of the dual regression? Should them be included? If yes, should them be divided too? If yes, should the division follow the DMN to be consistent, even for ICs related to entirely different processes, or should there be one split pattern for each individual IC? In the first stage, should the divided components be mean-centered (within region) or not? Each of these questions need careful consideration and I don't know the answers for all or how these choices would impact results. You may want to investigate.

All the best,

Anderson