Dear Expert

I am using PALM to address the different variances within group. Could you please check the following designs?

So there are 4 groups: male patient (EV1)  male control (EV2)  female patient  (EV3) female control (EV4)

I then get the mean of ALL participants' ages and demean each participant with the resulting (EV5)

I then use GLM_gui to generate .con, .grp and .mat files for input into PALM.

(1) Design 1

Group       EV1     EV2     EV3     EV4    EV5
1                1        0          0         0       20
2                0        1          0         0       30
3                0        0          1         0       40
4                0        0          0         1       50

Contrasts:   EV1     EV2     EV3     EV4    EV5
group by sex interaction
                  1         -1        -1        1         0
                 -1         1         1         -1        0
group effect
                   1        -1        1          -1        0
                  -1        1         -1         1         0
sex effect
                  1         1         -1          -1       0
                  -1       -1         1            1       0
age effect
                   0        0          0            0       1
                   0        0          0            0       -1

(2) Design 2

This time, I'd like to know group x age interaction.

I think it's impossible to find out both group effect and group x age interaction in one model, so it's necessary for me to use 2 models?

Please do let me know how to test group x age interaction in PALM….

Finally, I think the code for PALM in MATLAB is this:

palm -i 4d.nii -d design.mat -t design.con -eb design.grp -vg auto -ise -T -m Mask.nii -o Output

Has PALM underwent any dramatic change recently? (I used PALM in June, now I am redoing the analysis…)

Thanks so much!!!