From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Moises Hernandez [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 5:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Parallelising bedpost

Hi Danaele,

Do you have a GPU ?
It will be much faster if you use the CUDA implementation of bedpostx.

Moises.

On 3 September 2015 at 17:44, Danaele Puechmaille <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear experts,

I try to parallelise bedpostx in order to obtain bedpostx results faster.
So I have followed the FSL Tutorial - Parallelising bedpost : http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fsl4.0/fdt/fdt_bedpostx_parallel.html
I set environment variables FSLMACHINELIST and FSLREMOTECALL like that :
setenv  FSLMACHINELIST “mymachine  mymachine  mymachine”
setenv  FSLREMOTECALL ssh
Moreover, I have a file called fsl.sh in this place : ${HOME}/.fslconf/
In this file I set the environment variable FSLDIR to my FSL directory.
Also I'm a tcsh user, so I have created a file fsl.csh in the same directory and I did the same thing :  set the environment variable FSLDIR to my FSL directory.

At this point I have followed the tutorial and bedpost should be parallelised.

But when I execute the command bedpostx in my data directory, nothing is parallelised.
Furthermore, if I am connected to another machine (for example  “myothermachine”) and I want to execute bedpost in mymachine with the environment variables set to the same values, the command bedpostx is executed in myothermachine and not parallelised too.
So, I think bedpostx never tried to be connected to another machine with shh.

If someone has already meet this problem and found a solution, please explain me. Otherwise if someone have a solution to parallelise bedpost, I am really interested and that could be very helpful for me!
Thank you,

Best regards,

Danaele Puechmaille