Hello Danaele,
   The link is to (very) old documentation. The current version of bedpostx works with either SGE or CUDA - see

https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FslInstallation#Using_FSL_with_a_GridEngine_.28or_similar.29_computing_cluster

for more information on setting up SGE on your system.

Kind Regards
Matthew

Dear experts,

I try to parallelise bedpostx in order to obtain bedpostx results faster.
So I have followed the FSL Tutorial - Parallelising bedpost : http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fsl4.0/fdt/fdt_bedpostx_parallel.html
I set environment variables FSLMACHINELIST and FSLREMOTECALL like that :
setenv FSLMACHINELIST “mymachine mymachine mymachine”
setenv FSLREMOTECALL ssh
Moreover, I have a file called fsl.sh in this place : ${HOME}/.fslconf/
In this file I set the environment variable FSLDIR to my FSL directory.
Also I'm a tcsh user, so I have created a file fsl.csh in the same directory and I did the same thing : set the environment variable FSLDIR to my FSL directory.

At this point, I have followed the tutorial and bedpost should be parallelised.

But when I execute the command bedpostx in my data directory but nothing is parallelised.
Furthermore, if I am connected to another machine (for example “myothermachine”) and I want to execute bedpost in mymachine with the environment variables set to the same values, the command bedpostx is executed in myothermachine and not parallelised too.
So, I think bedpostx never tried to be connected to another machine with shh.

If someone has already meet this problem or/and found a solution, please explain me. Or if someone have another solution to parallelise bedpost, I am really interested and that could be very helpful for me!
Thank you,

Best regards,

Danaele Puechmaille