Hi,

I just wanted to add to this that there is a well known relationship between ICV and the size of structures in the brain, so it is common to adjust for this.  The easiest way is just to do your shape analysis in MNI space, as then it is already adjusted for size.  The FIRST wiki page has a bit more information about this and the native space option (where you would need to separately adjust for the ICV).

All the best,
Mark

From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of "Anderson M. Winkler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, 3 September 2015 21:57
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [FSL] Covariate for ICV in shape analysis

Hi Maria,

Please, see below:

On 3 September 2015 at 10:41, Maria Serra <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear FSL users,

I'm carrying out a shape analysis using FSL. I would like to know if it make sense to covariate for intracranial volume when performing the analysis, as you are not analyzing volume.

I don't think the relationship between ICV and shape has been much studied. Perhaps you have a good opportunity to look into it and see if there is a relationship (?). Intuition says there wouldn't be a strong one, but we can't be sure until one looks into it.

In addition, I would like to see the interaction of the age and gender in the 2-sample testing I'm performing. I'm not sure how to set the matrix design, so I appreciate any help.

All the best,

Anderson

Many thanks in advance,

--