Dear Anderson,

thanks for your reply!

Actually, I have a within-subjects blocked design, where subjects were tested in two sessions/conditions

-        experimental condition: blocks of stimulation with a certain perceptual aspect present only in this condition and a subjective rating for each block (the potential parametric modulation).

-        control condition: blocks of stimulation without the perceptual aspect under investigation present (so no parametric modulation and a ‘dummy’ rating).

I want to figure out BOLD responses specific to that perceptual aspect only present in the experimental condition.

In my situation subjects rated quite constantly across stimulation blocks according to the perceptual aspect under investigation in the experimental conditions.

Can I still use the block-wise rating covariate to disentangle BOLD-responses specific to that perceptual aspect only present in the experimental condition or

simply compare experimental and control condition without the rating covariate which gives temporally more fine-grained information according to the phenomenon of interest?

I really appreciate your valuable advice!

Kindly regards,

Christopher