Hi,

I included the following statement in a manuscript to defend not using slice-timing correction.

Slice timing correction was not applied, as effects on ICNs are expected to be negligible (most of the power in ICNs lies at lower frequencies, also see [44]) and the procedure can have adverse effects (e.g., spreading the effect of potential artefacts or outlier scans).

44.       Wu CW, Chen CL, Liu PY, Chao YP, Biswal BB, Lin CP. Empirical evaluations of slice-timing, smoothing, and normalization effects in seed-based, resting-state functional magnetic resonance imaging analyses. Brain Connect. 2011;1(5):401-10.

A reviewer is asking for a reference to support my claim regarding adverse effects. Does anyone know a paper to back up this claim?

Cheers,

Diederick